Can you leave CAS?

AverageGuy

Hi, so just like what the title says, can I leave CAS? I know that people who are taking Diploma have to take it but I'm only taking certificate. I thought CAS was gonna be moderate difficulty or something but just now realized its not.  You have to do activities and a really big project. I don't think I'm even ready to do those and I get overwhelmed just thinking of trying to finish my CAS activities and project. I'm hoping to just do the senior project. Thanks for any info you guys can give me.

From what I am aware, you must finish CAS to get a IB diploma. You can still get a your school's diploma without doing CAS as that woudn't be related to IB. Our CAS teacher did talk about how you must do CAS or you wouldn't get a IB diploma. However, if you want to get a normal Diploma, you don't need CAS as you can drop out from IB.

51 minutes ago, YSJ said:

From what I am aware, you must finish CAS to get a IB diploma. You can still get a your school's diploma without doing CAS as that woudn't be related to IB. Our CAS teacher did talk about how you must do CAS or you wouldn't get a IB diploma. However, if you want to get a normal Diploma, you don't need CAS as you can drop out from IB.

Yeh, but I'm taking the IB certificate and you don't need to take CAS if you're taking IB certificate but you do need to take CAS if you're in the IB Diploma. The only problem is I don't know if I can leave CAS or not. 

Edited by AverageGuy

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 8:55 PM, AverageGuy said:

Yeh, but I'm taking the IB certificate and you don't need to take CAS if you're taking IB certificate but you do need to take CAS if you're in the IB Diploma. The only problem is I don't know if I can leave CAS or not. 

ya bro u gotta do cas its mandatory

21 minutes ago, brycerilee said:

ya bro u gotta do cas its mandatory

Lemme rephrase what I just said. In my school, if you are doing IB certificate(Which I am doing), you don't have to take CAS but I did. If you are taking IB Diploma, you have to take CAS. Now, my question is: Can you leave CAS or not?

2 minutes ago, AverageGuy said:

Lemme rephrase what I just said. In my school, if you are doing IB certificate(Which I am doing), you don't have to take CAS but I did. If you are taking IB Diploma, you have to take CAS. Now, my question is: Can you leave CAS or not?

Wait, one question. What do you specifically mean leave CAS. Can't you just don't do it? Or are you talking about when you are applying to university you don't want the CAS tto be seen?

On 12/27/2020 at 3:39 PM, YSJ said:

Wait, one question. What do you specifically mean leave CAS. Can't you just don't do it? Or are you talking about when you are applying to university you don't want the CAS tto be seen?

Yeh, you don't have to do CAS but in my case, I opted to do it. This was like around 2 to 3 months ago. And I just realized how much time and effort you need to put in your project(I procrastinate a lot).

4 hours ago, AverageGuy said:

Yeh, you don't have to do CAS but in my case, I opted to do it. This was like around 2 to 3 months ago. And I just realized how much time and effort you need to put in your project(I procrastinate a lot).

If you don't need it and don't want to do it. It isn't required. Its not like your School will force you to do CAS.