Can I take 7 IB subjects? (3 HL and 4 SL)

YSJ

I want to take Chem HL, Math AA HL, Econ HL and English A SL, Chinese B SL, Biology SL. I wanted to take another SL of Business and Management or ITGS. I wanted to do it online version. Is it possible to do 7 IB subject and do 4 SL and 3 HL?

1 hour ago, Sir_Diocletian said:

I may be wrong but to the best of my knowledge it's possible. I am pretty sure that I have heard about students taking 4 subjects at my school but again I may be wrong. I know for me at least I was highly discouraged doing it.

I also asked a teacher and he did say they don't recommand it because I will be like drained out if I do it. 

In my opinion, unless you need all those subjects for uni (or you are considering 2 different courses for example and need different subjects for both), it's not worth it. You will have one more subject to study for the final exams and one more IA to write and IAs are a lot of work honestly. Especially the IAs in Maths HL and Chem HL and Bio SL (I think it's not very different from SL). Do you need ths extra subject for uni or you just like it?

1 hour ago, ChocolateAndVanilla said:

In my opinion, unless you need all those subjects for uni (or you are considering 2 different courses for example and need different subjects for both), it's not worth it. You will have one more subject to study for the final exams and one more IA to write and IAs are a lot of work honestly. Especially the IAs in Maths HL and Chem HL and Bio SL (I think it's not very different from SL). Do you need ths extra subject for uni or you just like it?

Thank you, I think I will consider and research a bit. I maybe can't take IB Bio SL because there is only one person

On 12/16/2020 at 9:01 AM, YSJ said:

I want to take Chem HL, Math AA HL, Econ HL and English A SL, Chinese B SL, Biology SL. I wanted to take another SL of Business and Management or ITGS. I wanted to do it online version. Is it possible to do 7 IB subject and do 4 SL and 3 HL?

You can do more than six subjects; I am currently studying eight: 3 HL and 5 SL. Only six of them are for a diploma; the additional one will be in a certificate. You just need to choose which one. 

22 hours ago, WWNBF said:

You can do more than six subjects; I am currently studying eight: 3 HL and 5 SL. Only six of them are for a diploma; the additional one will be in a certificate. You just need to choose which one. 

Do you think it is worth it? Can you give me some advice of taking 7 subjects?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2020 at 3:08 PM, YSJ said:

Do you think it is worth it? Can you give me some advice of taking 7 subjects?

Hello! I have written the reply the same day you asked, but unfortunately, it somehow didn't appear here. I am very sorry about that. So, I think it is worth it. If you like Business and want to study it, I believe it will only be favorable for you. Firstly, it's only four more academic hours a week. Secondly, it will not affect your diploma grade as it is a certificate and doesn't add up to the diploma score. The IA for Business and Management SL is not very difficult and only takes up 15 hours, according to the guide. Moreover, if, after time, you feel that it is too much for you, you will still have plenty of time to drop it. 

• Thanks 1