OneR4nk

Hey everyone,

So... I'm planning on taking the IB entrance exam of St. Roberts CHS. The exam is in November, which is only a month away. I was wondering, does anyone know how it's going to go down this year? We all know COVID-19 is among us (play too much video-games) now, and there is a very high risk of getting it. From the videos I saw about the IB entrance exam, I can tell that there were a lot of people, probably even more, knowing my grade. I'm assuming that the entrance exam is going to be online, and I'm honestly really worried. I heard that they will be looking at our grade 7 report cards, I'm extremely nervous becuase of the fact that I got around 88.8 average for all of my marks during physical schooling in grade 7. My parents are always telling me that 85-95 is the worst possible mark I could get, and only 96 and above are the marks that I should get. Taking this into consideration, this means that I got the worst possible mark that I could get, and there are a lot of other grade 8 who got way better than me. My parents are constantly lecturing me about why they want me to get into IB, how they care for me and what I should be when I grow up, all of these relate to this single little exam. If I don't pass, my parents will for sure be dissapointed in me, like when I almost passed the gifted test. They for sure will look past me and to my sister, who will eventually gain all the advice from me. Furthermore, without the IB program, our marks will not be increased or exchanged into better marks, this is essential for the jobs that I want to be when I grow up. Currently, I am doing tons of PSAT test and more, but I have to admit, I procrastinate a ton, like as in I look at the answer sheet of the PSAT test and play video games when I should be studying. Even though it seems like I'm doomed, my parents always encourage me by saying that I am a smart boy, because smart doesn't mean good marks, it means that I know what to do next. At school, I get amazing marks and am basically the best of the best in my class (not to brag or anything). Even though my parents exclaim that I'm smart, it isn't exactly true because I have no idea what to do next. I have the desire to pass the admission assesment, but I don't have the courage to walk the path to success.

I apologize in advance if this is too much or too little to answer off of, but really I only know this much. I'm very much like a frog in a hole, I can't see the world, only the sky, unless I jump out of this trap (my procrastination addiction). Again, I apoligize for all these worries and words, any advice would help a lot. I appreciate you taking your time to read this, thanks a lot!

Edited by OneR4nk

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 5:09 PM, OneR4nk said:

Hey everyone,

So... I'm planning on taking the IB entrance exam of St. Roberts CHS. The exam is in November, which is only a month away. I was wondering, does anyone know how it's going to go down this year? We all know COVID-19 is among us (play too much video-games) now, and there is a very high risk of getting it. From the videos I saw about the IB entrance exam, I can tell that there were a lot of people, probably even more, knowing my grade. I'm assuming that the entrance exam is going to be online, and I'm honestly really worried. I heard that they will be looking at our grade 7 report cards, I'm extremely nervous becuase of the fact that I got around 88.8 average for all of my marks during physical schooling in grade 7. My parents are always telling me that 85-95 is the worst possible mark I could get, and only 96 and above are the marks that I should get. Taking this into consideration, this means that I got the worst possible mark that I could get, and there are a lot of other grade 8 who got way better than me. My parents are constantly lecturing me about why they want me to get into IB, how they care for me and what I should be when I grow up, all of these relate to this single little exam. If I don't pass, my parents will for sure be dissapointed in me, like when I almost passed the gifted test. They for sure will look past me and to my sister, who will eventually gain all the advice from me. Furthermore, without the IB program, our marks will not be increased or exchanged into better marks, this is essential for the jobs that I want to be when I grow up. Currently, I am doing tons of PSAT test and more, but I have to admit, I procrastinate a ton, like as in I look at the answer sheet of the PSAT test and play video games when I should be studying. Even though it seems like I'm doomed, my parents always encourage me by saying that I am a smart boy, because smart doesn't mean good marks, it means that I know what to do next. At school, I get amazing marks and am basically the best of the best in my class (not to brag or anything). Even though my parents exclaim that I'm smart, it isn't exactly true because I have no idea what to do next. I have the desire to pass the admission assesment, but I don't have the courage to walk the path to success.

I apologize in advance if this is too much or too little to answer off of, but really I only know this much. I'm very much like a frog in a hole, I can't see the world, only the sky, unless I jump out of this trap (my procrastination addiction). Again, I apoligize for all these worries and words, any advice would help a lot. I appreciate you taking your time to read this, thanks a lot!

On 10/15/2020 at 5:09 PM, OneR4nk said:

Hey everyone,

Omg. I’m currently in grade 8 and I’m planning on possibly taking the pre-IB exam for st. Roberts. I’m honestly pretty nervous...I don’t know how difficult the exam is going to be. It’s November right now...have you taken the exam yet?? Ours is on the 28th but I have to register soon. I don’t know if I should take it so, if you’ve already taken it by now, it’d be great if u could tell me how it was. I’m assuming you’re in grade 10 though, considering you said you’re taking IB and not pre-IB. Also, what’s St. Roberts like?? I’m non-catholic but I’ve heard they’re not too strict on religion and you don’t HAVE to take religion class. If you could tell me what the school and education is like there, that would be great :) Also, pls tell me how the exam went if you took it! Anyways, that’s all. Sorry I didn’t have an answer, just more questions :// Also where is the St. Roberts high school you’re attending? You don’t have to tell me if u don’t want ur information out or smth, I just think it’s be cool if we ended up going to the same place lol. Anyways, thanks for reading if you’ve made it this far. Bye :)

On 10/15/2020 at 11:09 PM, OneR4nk said:

Hey everyone,

Chill. Grade 8 really isn't that important. St. Roberts seems like a decent school but it doesn't decide what you do in life, if you don't get in it doesn't matter that much, you can do IB in many schools (88.8 average is good enough for most IB schools). One of the good things about IB in my experience is that you can do well in most environments as long as you are prepared to put in the work. If you really want to get into St. Roberts then go for it, if not then it won't affect your plans for university etc.

I really wouldn't worry about it. If St. Roberts looks at your past grades then you can't change anything now (88.8 is seriously good enough for pretty much any school, though). Look ahead not backwards.

Edited by FGJD

On 11/5/2020 at 12:41 PM, FGJD said:

Chill. Grade 8 really isn't that important. St. Roberts seems like a decent school but it doesn't decide what you do in life, if you don't get in it doesn't matter that much, you can do IB in many schools (88.8 average is good enough for most IB schools). One of the good things about IB in my experience is that you can do well in most environments as long as you are prepared to put in the work. If you really want to get into St. Roberts then go for it, if not then it won't affect your plans for university etc.

I really wouldn't worry about it. If St. Roberts looks at your past grades then you can't change anything now (88.8 is seriously good enough for pretty much any school, though). Look ahead not backwards.

Hey,

Thanks for the confirmation! Your insight and wisdom was much needed! 🙏🙏🙏

Thank you again for confirming my grades and other resources!

On 11/4/2020 at 9:49 PM, Teen said:

Omg. I’m currently in grade 8 and I’m planning on possibly taking the pre-IB exam for st. Roberts. I’m honestly pretty nervous...I don’t know how difficult the exam is going to be. It’s November right now...have you taken the exam yet?? Ours is on the 28th but I have to register soon. I don’t know if I should take it so, if you’ve already taken it by now, it’d be great if u could tell me how it was. I’m assuming you’re in grade 10 though, considering you said you’re taking IB and not pre-IB. Also, what’s St. Roberts like?? I’m non-catholic but I’ve heard they’re not too strict on religion and you don’t HAVE to take religion class. If you could tell me what the school and education is like there, that would be great :) Also, pls tell me how the exam went if you took it! Anyways, that’s all. Sorry I didn’t have an answer, just more questions :// Also where is the St. Roberts high school you’re attending? You don’t have to tell me if u don’t want ur information out or smth, I just think it’s be cool if we ended up going to the same place lol. Anyways, thanks for reading if you’ve made it this far. Bye :)

Hey, chillll. Like FGJD said above, there isn't really anything to worry about, I haven't taken the test yet, and I'm taking it on the same day as you! I still have the Nov. 18th test for Alexander Mac tho... Ill tell you what it's like! Calm down, also, being nervous is actually good. I believe that St. Roberts CHS IB doesn't force you to take christianity, but idk.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 7:04 PM, OneR4nk said:

Hey, chillll. Like FGJD said above, there isn't really anything to worry about, I haven't taken the test yet, and I'm taking it on the same day as you! I still have the Nov. 18th test for Alexander Mac tho... Ill tell you what it's like! Calm down, also, being nervous is actually good. I believe that St. Roberts CHS IB doesn't force you to take christianity, but idk.

Good luck!

Hey, I completely forgot abt this! What was ur Alexander Mackenzie test like?? I’ve decided to take AP classes, but I’m still interested to know how it went :))

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 8:24 PM, Teen said:

Hey, I completely forgot abt this! What was ur Alexander Mackenzie test like?? I’ve decided to take AP classes, but I’m still interested to know how it went :))

Hey, srry for the late reply! The Alex Mack test wasnt even a test, they had us answer 3 questions.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, OneR4nk said:

Hey! Thanks for the luck! Unfortunately, I'm still awaiting the offer from Alex Mac as I am on the waiting list

Oh damn I’m sry to hear abt that. It’s ok though, I’m sure you’ll get in :)And if u don’t, there r probably lots of other programs to try and get into so you’ll be fine either way!