Hey everyone,
I am currently an 8th grader in the United States, and I am taking Spanish 1 online. The curriculum which I use is called PEAK or FuelEducation (one of the two.)
Spanish would be my third language, as I'm fluent in English and my mother-tongue. It's been difficult learning it online, to say the least. The curriculum isn't structured very well, and it is hard for me to get a grip on a lot of the basics of the content. I plan on taking Spanish for my SL in high school.
Will I be OK in the long run? I think that I am a hard worker, and most things also come easy to me, which I am thankful for. I haven't learned Spanish in a formal classroom setting, so an online course is all the experience I have of Spanish.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 6:17 AM, Katara said:

Hey everyone,
I am currently an 8th grader in the United States, and I am taking Spanish 1 online. The curriculum which I use is called PEAK or FuelEducation (one of the two.)
Spanish would be my third language, as I'm fluent in English and my mother-tongue. It's been difficult learning it online, to say the least. The curriculum isn't structured very well, and it is hard for me to get a grip on a lot of the basics of the content. I plan on taking Spanish for my SL in high school.
Will I be OK in the long run? I think that I am a hard worker, and most things also come easy to me, which I am thankful for. I haven't learned Spanish in a formal classroom setting, so an online course is all the experience I have of Spanish.

Hey. Try using interactive resources to constantly practice your Spanish. Maybe watch a series in Spanish like Casa de Papel, read as much as you can. You could read newspaper, magazines online. If you looking for some grammar and vocabulary help use languages online and click the Spanish section.