Advice needed for bio ee please

Hello,

for my extended essay, I want to write an essay. My subjects will be biology mixed with economics, but focusing on the biology of it. My teachers said we dont have to write a lab and an essay also works. I was thinking of talking about the rapidly increasing rates of cancer in the Middle East, and focus on which cancer treatment is most used in the Middle East. However I can't find a research question that would be specific enough to achieve top grades.

I am not asking for anyone to write my research question for me or do the work for me, but could someone help me in focusing my topic and telling me if the topic is even good?

thank you in advance

Hey,

I'm doing a Biology EE as well and mine is an experiment - I've heard that if you want to do secondary data essay in any of Group 4 subjects, it has to be really good and kinda revolutionary so need to analyse the data in a way that it has never been analysed. 

But if you want to continue with your research, I think you could narrow it down to a certain type of cancer.

Hope that helps a bit!

• Thanks 1

That does help, thank you. 

I think I am going to focus on analysing treatments and preventions in terms of efficacy and impact on life during and after the procedure, and see compare it to the stage of a type of cancer. Would that be a good topic if I find reliable information on it? 

Edited by helpplsiprocrastinated

I think it seems good - it's narrow enough, as it is only about 1 type of cancer, but on the other hand, you will be able to make a long analysis as you will analyse all stages of cancer separately and you will consider both treatments and preventions and their impacts. In my opinion, it's a good topic, but you need to see if there are enough resources for a good analysis. I would also suggest thinking about the way you want to analyse it (making a specific plan) and then look for some research papers or maybe other EEs to see if a lot of people have analysed it that certain way - the more original way you choose, the higher chances of a higher grade, but you also need to have some research to base your hypotheses.

• Thanks 1