IBO Entrance Exams (How to Pass?)

Duncan

Hello! My name is Duncan and I am currently grade 7. I will be taking an exam in 2020 November and I am trying to make it into St. Roberts high school. Alexander Mackenzie is another option for me but it is extremely far away. I am clearly a newbie when it comes to high school programmes so I surely need some help. I was wondering what I can do to give me a likelihood of passing the entrance exams. What are some sample papers I can trust, how am I supposed to know what to study and how, and what are the requirements for IB entrance exams.

Thanks for taking your time and reading through this,

Duncan

• Good Luck 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2020 at 12:24 PM, Duncan said:

Hello! My name is Duncan and I am currently grade 7. I will be taking an exam in 2020 November and I am trying to make it into St. Roberts high school. Alexander Mackenzie is another option for me but it is extremely far away. I am clearly a newbie when it comes to high school programmes so I surely need some help. I was wondering what I can do to give me a likelihood of passing the entrance exams. What are some sample papers I can trust, how am I supposed to know what to study and how, and what are the requirements for IB entrance exams.

Thanks for taking your time and reading through this,

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

I'm in the same boat as you. :) Planning on taking the entrance assessment this fall as well to Bayview's program. From the information I've gathered on here, you can practice using the Gauss math and the OSSLT practice tests you can find online. I believe the french is based more on vocabulary and comprehension, and also some basic conjugations. Personally, I'm using Khan Academy to review some things because my math skills are becoming rusty lol.

This response is really late, but good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/15/2020 at 3:53 PM, birdwannabe said:

Hi Duncan,

I'm in the same boat as you. :) Planning on taking the entrance assessment this fall as well to Bayview's program. From the information I've gathered on here, you can practice using the Gauss math and the OSSLT practice tests you can find online. I believe the french is based more on vocabulary and comprehension, and also some basic conjugations. Personally, I'm using Khan Academy to review some things because my math skills are becoming rusty lol.

This response is really late, but good luck!

Hey birdwannabe,

Thanks for letting me know about these practice tests, this is a different account that I have set up. A question I have is, what have you been studying on? I know this may sound like I'm hungry for information, which I actually am, but I really gotta know.

Again, thanks for the amazing insight! GL!

On 6/17/2020 at 8:09 PM, LeslyDolson said:

about a good question. First of all, you need to prepare well.

Hey LeslyDolson,

Thanks for taking your time to read my post (this is a different account). I have been trying to prepare well for the enntrance test, and you've said that I have gotta prepare well too. The real question is, do you know how I should study or prepare?

I appreciated the reply on my post! Good luck on your future exams!