Dabber

Hello everyone.

I am writing my extended essay in history. I am interested in aviation (mostly after ww2) and also about the eastern bloc during the coldwar. Does somebody know of a topic that would fit those criteria?

Plz Help

Edited by Dabber

Hey, I am not doing my EE on history, but I am taking the class and doing my IA. I am not sure which topics you are taking on your class, but I would recommend doing the EE on a topic you saw in class. This is because while writing it and researching, you will be studying for the external assessment, which is the exam.

For example, in my history IA I have chosen to compare Stalin's and Mao's five year plans, as I studied them as authoritarian leaders, so while doing my IA I will be also studying for my exam. 

I have not studied the cold war not the ww2, so I can't help you with your question 😕 

2 hours ago, suuper__hele said:

Hey, I am not doing my EE on history, but I am taking the class and doing my IA. I am not sure which topics you are taking on your class, but I would recommend doing the EE on a topic you saw in class. This is because while writing it and researching, you will be studying for the external assessment, which is the exam.

For example, in my history IA I have chosen to compare Stalin's and Mao's five year plans, as I studied them as authoritarian leaders, so while doing my IA I will be also studying for my exam. 

I have not studied the cold war not the ww2, so I can't help you with your question 😕 

Unfortunately, I'm doing the Crusades and the Granada war which don't interest me.

😞

7 minutes ago, Dabber said:

Unfortunately, I'm doing the Crusades and the Granada war which don't interest me.

😞

You should be studying three topics. For instance, I am studying authoritarian states, development of democratic states and civil rights movement. If you still are not interested in the three topics your teacher chose, you should choose something your interested in, because otherwise it will become a burden for you. Good luck!

18 hours ago, suuper__hele said:

You should be studying three topics. For instance, I am studying authoritarian states, development of democratic states and civil rights movement. If you still are not interested in the three topics your teacher chose, you should choose something your interested in, because otherwise it will become a burden for you. Good luck!

I have:

granada war

the crusades

indpendence movements of the 19th and 20th centuries

1 hour ago, Dabber said:

I have:

granada war

the crusades

indpendence movements of the 19th and 20th centuries

I think that the ee should be done in a topic you are personally interested in as you are supposed to write 4000 words of it, and it is not easy to do so if you hate the topic. If you are not interested in none of the three topics you just mentioned, just go with a topic you like, such as aviation like you mentioned. I am doing my EE on english, but I have many friends who chose to do it on history. So, my advice is to choose something you are interested in because otherwise you will hate the process. It could be a plus if you chose something that you should study for the external exams, but mainly focus on what you like. 

What I really liked about an EE on english is that you can basically do anything you want. I have friends analysing songs, talking about autism and many other cool topics. So, just think about anything you want to research and you can perfectly link it to any subject, specifically on english (or any other language you are taking). Also, something that really helped me when choosing my EE topic was who would be my tutor. You should look for someone you feel comfortable with and that have plenty of knowledge regarding IB rules and the subject itself. Hope this helped!