Can my EE be on 2 subjects?

NatashaGower

Okay, so I have to start writing my EE soon and I don't even have a question. I want to do Medicine after IB and so initially my coordinator said do a world studies EE on something medicine related around the world. That would be all good, but every question idea I come up with has nothing to do with global issues or is related to the rest of the world. And I'm guessing being WORLD studies, that's an issue. 

So then I was gonna do just a bio EE but I really don't want to do an experiment and everything I'm coming up with would be impossible to do an experiment for anyway. But everything I've read says its really hard to get top marks on a science EE without an experiment.

So now I wanna do a psychology and bio EE about a topic related to medicine and psychotic disorders. But is that allowed? Can I submit an EE in two subjects? Do I just claim it to be only bio but then talk about psycology a lot and will that lose me marks? Or do I just suck it up and find a way to do world studies like my coordinator said, changing my que completely?

Please give me some advice on what to do, I am so lost here...  

I believe you can do an EE in two subjects only by making it a world studies EE. You can try a research question connected with psychotic disorders, but connect it more with Biology (or the other way round with Psychology, as you wish) by focusing on different aspects of the psychotic disorders. With that being said, I would not advise doing a research-based EE in Biology, they really tend to get lower marks as Biology is a science. 

So in my opinion, you could do an EE in Psychology connected with psychotic disorders (secondary data) or an EE in Biology with conducting an experiment.