**** school **** class

ccsgahah

Hello guys, I am here to ask you guys a few opinions and facts to clarify for me. I am taking comp sci and math sl, which in the first year i took it with a teacher but the teacher didn't really teach us anything in math. In comp sci he only teach us basic wordings and problems not java or anything. I submitted my CS IA (i think it will do well) and he says that I will get only a 1. He basically hates us male students so he also gave me a 1 predicted grade, i just did the mock exam, i understand and know how to do it well, but he graded me so pettily it's stupid. And in math we had a new teacher he is better than him. What happens if he graded me so poorly and unfairly, will IB look at my work? (our class is a population of 7.

Hello! I don't think I can definitively give you an answer specific to CS as I don't personally take the course, but generally your final grade should be based on the May exams as well as the IA. Your predicted mark might influence university applications if you're applying, though. IB will moderate a sample of the highest scoring, middle scoring, and lowest scoring IAs, but I don't know the exact number off the top of my head for a class of 7. So, your mark may rise, stay the same, or drop if yours is sent off to IB (well, I suppose it can't go down if your teacher really does give you a 1, but that sounds strange to me especially if you did the IA and fulfilled the requirements?) -- and the entire class may have their marks moderated up or down based on the ones that get sent off to IB as well. I hope everything works out for you!

Edited by Solstice
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Solstice said:

Hello! I don't think I can definitively give you an answer specific to CS as I don't personally take the course, but generally your final grade should be based on the May exams as well as the IA. Your predicted mark might influence university applications if you're applying, though. IB will moderate a sample of the highest scoring, middle scoring, and lowest scoring IAs, but I don't know the exact number off the top of my head for a class of 7. So, your mark may rise, stay the same, or drop if yours is sent off to IB (well, I suppose it can't go down if your teacher really does give you a 1, but that sounds strange to me especially if you did the IA and fulfilled the requirements?) -- and the entire class may have their marks moderated up or down based on the ones that get sent off to IB as well. I hope everything works out for you!

Today he said that he won't submit my IA. I talked with my coordinator, hope that he figures something out for me. I literally paid 4 figures just for tutors because for two class I had with this teacher he teach me dog ****.