English EE Topics

uwuo

Hello all. :))

I'm at the point in the school year where I need to pick my topic for my extended essay, and I'm having a lot of trouble. I want to write about both The Stranger by Albert Camus and Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky. I know these 2 books are probably way over used in IB and I am willing to read something else, but for right now this is what I have (I'm also considering doing The Collector). As for a topic, I don't know if I want to explore possibly the use of perspective and compare the thought processes of the main characters in both books, but I don't know how to word it or if that's even a strong topic. Any advice/help is appreciated :))

Edited by uwuo

On 2/29/2020 at 5:58 PM, uwuo said:

Hello all. :))

I'm at the point in the school year where I need to pick my topic for my extended essay, and I'm having a lot of trouble. I want to write about both The Stranger by Albert Camus and Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky. I know these 2 books are probably way over used in IB and I am willing to read something else, but for right now this is what I have (I'm also considering doing The Collector). As for a topic, I don't know if I want to explore possibly the use of perspective and compare the thought processes of the main characters in both books, but I don't know how to word it or if that's even a strong topic. Any advice/help is appreciated :))

Hi, 

From what I have heard, you cannot use a book that you study in class for your EE. As for me, I am a second year IB student and I studied The Stranger in my English class. This might be different at your school so be sure to confirm with your IB coordinator before diving in. Good luck

On 3/2/2020 at 3:54 AM, Ntwali said:

Hi, 

From what I have heard, you cannot use a book that you study in class for your EE. As for me, I am a second year IB student and I studied The Stranger in my English class. This might be different at your school so be sure to confirm with your IB coordinator before diving in. Good luck

Thank you, but I haven't studied either book in school and my teacher recommended both to me.