katelynanne

So, I've been really struggling to come up with a historical investigation topic, but I finally maybe found one? I'm too sure how good it is though: To what extent did Grigori Rasputin lead to the fall of the Romanov Dynasty? (Or something along those lines...I don't really know). If y'all have any feedback (is it a good one? how do I make it better?). I really just wanna get this assignment done cause I'm not that interested in history. 

*EDIT: So I'm actually thinking about doing something alone the lines of "To what extent did fascism impact early to mid-20th century Italian art?" I'm just worried it won't really be a history paper, but an art one instead.*

Edited by katelynanne
Addition to post

• 1 month later...

Hey! I would advise choosing a topic that you are interested in, and also that you studied in class. This will help you to study for the external assessment (exams), while doing your IA. For instance, I was studying authoritarian leaders (Hitler, Stalin and Mao), so I decided to analyse those that I struggled the most to understand, so while researching for the IA I would get familiar with it. I decided to compare Stalin's and Mao's five-year plans, as both of them were communist leaders, implying great resemblances between both. My point is, choose something you struggle with (but are interested in) and also that you are studying in class and will need to study for the exams. Good luck!

16 hours ago, suuper__hele said:

Hey! I would advise choosing a topic that you are interested in, and also that you studied in class. This will help you to study for the external assessment (exams), while doing your IA. For instance, I was studying authoritarian leaders (Hitler, Stalin and Mao), so I decided to analyse those that I struggled the most to understand, so while researching for the IA I would get familiar with it. I decided to compare Stalin's and Mao's five-year plans, as both of them were communist leaders, implying great resemblances between both. My point is, choose something you struggle with (but are interested in) and also that you are studying in class and will need to study for the exams. Good luck!

Thanks! I've actually been debating doing something with Mussolini and Hitler (it's what we were focusing on before corona happened and I'm sort of interested in it). Fortunately, I don't need to worry about the exams cause the May 2020 ones got cancelled