IB Extended Essay on Nutrition/Foods

Hanqshaw

Hello. I've been trying to find a topic and research question for my extended essay but I have been unable to do. I have found an experimental technique in the calorimeter which measures energy content/calories and I want to measure energy contents in different foods but I do not know what I should investigate specifically and expand on this. I don't want it to be as simple as "as x increases, y increases". Testing out different foods and seeing which one(s) have the higher calories is way too simple and I'm basically stuck..Please help!

Hey, there was a student in my school who did something similar, however, she did it in Chemistry. Basically she checked the content of different foods - vegetables, fruits etc., depending on the method of preparation the food to eat (so she compared e.g. raw vegetables, cooked vegetables, baked ones etc.). I know she got an A, but I don't know what method she used. 

• 10 months later...