I need help with choosing a title for my EE!!!!

Desperatejules

Hi! I’m currently freaking out over my EE. We are supposed to give in our proposals in 2 days but I don’t know exactly what to talk about. I can do it either in English or in Economics, for both of them I’d like to talk about feminism or how sexism can affect X and Y. For Economics I was thinking of writing about how sexism can have an impact on the economy of a specific country but I don’t know if that’s an specific enough RQ; and I’m also scared because we only have one Econ teacher and two big classes, she can only take two students so that’s worrying. For English I’m not so sure what to write about, maybe how women were portrayed in literature in the 20s or 40s, but again, not a concrete idea. Please help me!

I don't have any experience in Economics, but for English, building off your idea might offer some interesting essays. If you'd like to talk about feminism, or sexism, it might be interesting to look at the relationship between authors and their characters, a gender and situation comparison - which might inspire some interesting conclusions about motivations for authors and the messages they were trying to communicate through their characters or plot. A comparison of time periods might be interesting as well, however I would stick to the same 'era'. It might get a bit complicated and far spread with multiple time periods being compared. For example, if you take 19th century europe, there might be something interesting looking at the rise of modern feminism, or something before this period to go into more depth about 'hidden' feminism.

On 2/18/2020 at 11:31 PM, alex26 said:

I don't have any experience in Economics, but for English, building off your idea might offer some interesting essays. If you'd like to talk about feminism, or sexism, it might be interesting to look at the relationship between authors and their characters, a gender and situation comparison - which might inspire some interesting conclusions about motivations for authors and the messages they were trying to communicate through their characters or plot. A comparison of time periods might be interesting as well, however I would stick to the same 'era'. It might get a bit complicated and far spread with multiple time periods being compared. For example, if you take 19th century europe, there might be something interesting looking at the rise of modern feminism, or something before this period to go into more depth about 'hidden' feminism.

Thank you so much!! Actually  helped a lot :))

On 2/18/2020 at 5:31 PM, alex26 said:

I also need help with my EE. I wanted to do something with power and 'relationship between authors and their characters'. Do you think it is a good idea to do the Unbearable Lightness of Being?