kh0804

I am moving next year to another country in which they do not have Arabic speakers, therefore not a lot of people would sign up for Arabic A. I want to take Arabic A, English B HL, Bio HL, Chem HL, Business, Math analysis SL. At the school I am going to, they offer SELF TAUGHT Arabic B and Arabic ab initio (SL). I could take Arabic B self taught, as I already had experience with Arabic A in MYP, and its my mother tongue, but taking Arabic A is easier to get a 7/7 than in English A. I need helppp from current IB Students or past IB studentssss. In addition, this school offers French A which is also my mother tongue but I would much rather taking Arabic than French. HEELLLLPPP ASAP. I have to choose soon lmfao. 

18 hours ago, kh0804 said:

I am moving next year to another country in which they do not have Arabic speakers, therefore not a lot of people would sign up for Arabic A. I want to take Arabic A, English B HL, Bio HL, Chem HL, Business, Math analysis SL. At the school I am going to, they offer SELF TAUGHT Arabic B and Arabic ab initio (SL). I could take Arabic B self taught, as I already had experience with Arabic A in MYP, and its my mother tongue, but taking Arabic A is easier to get a 7/7 than in English A. I need helppp from current IB Students or past IB studentssss. In addition, this school offers French A which is also my mother tongue but I would much rather taking Arabic than French. HEELLLLPPP ASAP. I have to choose soon lmfao. 

I'm also considering taking self taught for when I start DP. I've heard some of the DP students at my school mentioning it being tricky to score high grades on since you wouldn't have proper lessons and the help you get from mother tongue teachers are limited if they are not familiar with the IB curriculum. However, as you mentioned that you know Arabic at an A level, and if you have good time management, I think you can pull it off.

PS: I'm not an IB DP student yet so don't take my advice to heart :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...