Do I need a statistical test for a 7 in my BIO IA?

Gingich

Hi. I need some advice.

My IA is about fungi so I have some data for growth over time for two conditions of one abiotic factor.

The  groups of the fungi in one of my two conditions (they took 2 months to grow bc of various reasons) have no growth of the fruiting body (thus no data).

Thus it seems silly to use a statistical test since I know which condition was the *best ( growth was  limited by lack of control of other variables)

Any advice? Will this limit my chances of getting 7? I worked too much on this and now there is no data for 1 condition, just a load of qualitative observations.

Help Greatly Appreciated

• 3 years later...
On 1/24/2020 at 5:20 AM, Gingich said:

Hi. I need some advice.

My IA is about fungi so I have some data for growth over time for two conditions of one abiotic factor.

The  groups of the fungi in one of my two conditions (they took 2 months to grow bc of various reasons) have no growth of the fruiting body (thus no data).

Thus it seems silly to use a statistical test since I know which condition was the *best ( growth was  limited by lack of control of other variables)

Any advice? Will this limit my chances of getting 7? I worked too much on this and now there is no data for 1 condition, just a load of qualitative observations.

Help Greatly Appreciated

Hello. I am curious about what your question was for the Bio IA? I really want to do something with fungi but I have no direction to go. I'd appreciate it if you got back to me, but if not it's okay!! Thanks!