Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, so its been 4 months since year 2 of IB has started and we've all started on our IA first drafts and submitted our EEs and working on CAS and stuff but... our TOK teacher hasn't introduced us to the tok titles of this year, showed us how to do it and hasn't initiated any conversations about it. He's also not the best teacher so I dont rlly expect a lot of help from his side.

My EE is real **** so I'm kind of relying on my tok essay to at least lift up my grades but I've heard that tok essays are rlly hard and u need to get as philosophical as u can. So are we in trouble or can we manage with just reading through some really good samples and winging it somehow? (if you have links to really good tok essays, would be very appreciated or any advice at all really) Thank you, 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That doesn't sound like a very good situation to be in at all 😕

"Being as philosophical as u can" depends on if you are in fact making philosophical points or just writing in some contrived way to sound smart. The first one will work, the second one probably won't. I'm not sure what else can be said. If you have an idea about which prescribed title you want to do, what arguments you want to make, etc., then that's something I can respond to with greater detail.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 1:19 PM, preengles said:

Hi guys, so its been 4 months since year 2 of IB has started and we've all started on our IA first drafts and submitted our EEs and working on CAS and stuff but... our TOK teacher hasn't introduced us to the tok titles of this year, showed us how to do it and hasn't initiated any conversations about it. He's also not the best teacher so I dont rlly expect a lot of help from his side.

My EE is real **** so I'm kind of relying on my tok essay to at least lift up my grades but I've heard that tok essays are rlly hard and u need to get as philosophical as u can. So are we in trouble or can we manage with just reading through some really good samples and winging it somehow? (if you have links to really good tok essays, would be very appreciated or any advice at all really) Thank you, 

I can help you out. I can send you a planner our teacher made for us to use. I hope things get better for you! 

Edited by BudyH
Adding Info
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2019 at 10:04 AM, tokQuestions_com said:

That doesn't sound like a very good situation to be in at all 😕

"Being as philosophical as u can" depends on if you are in fact making philosophical points or just writing in some contrived way to sound smart. The first one will work, the second one probably won't. I'm not sure what else can be said. If you have an idea about which prescribed title you want to do, what arguments you want to make, etc., then that's something I can respond to with greater detail.

My friends and i have only looked through them for like 5 minutes lol and we have no idea how we're supposed to approach the topic in general. We dont even know when the deadline is so i guess the best thing to do

is to rely on drafts and the internet for now. Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2019 at 3:49 AM, BudyH said:

I can help you out. I can send you a planner our teacher made for us to use. I hope things get better for you! 

Really?? Omg thank you so much! I hope you dont mind if I share it with my friends since we're all equally stuck with the essay.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...