Bayview IB - Got put on wait list :( What are my chances of getting in now?

namelessaaaaaaaaa

Hello people of the interwebs: 

I am currently a grade 8 student that took the Bayview S.S. IB acceptance exam. The results said that I would be on a wait list and there were no offers of acceptance. Are there any students that were on a wait list and got accepted (or not for that matter). What’s it like? What are my chances? 

I had an average of 80-88 on my grade 7 report card; and all E’s on the grade 8 progress report card. I actively participate in class and my teacher didn’t hate me that much ( I think) :P. 

I’ve heard from some of my friends that the wait list was nothing more than a polite way to say “rejected”...

Please help me I am stressed about not being able to make it into the school :(((((( Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu 🙃

Edited by namelessaaaaaaaaa

I know 2 people in my grade that were accepted from waitlist. I wouldn't have my hope up because as you probably know, Bayview is an extremely competitive IB school. I'm part of the IB committee and I have to say, I've been hearing endless calls currently by parents who are asking why their child is on the waitlist, and honestly, it's not that your average isnt good enough. It's great in fact! Bayview simply doesnt have enough space to accept everyone. However, your waitlist status does depend on whether all candidates accept their offers, if many people dont, future acceptances will be contacted later. 

In addition, I'd like to mention that if Bayview is your homeschool, you dont have to worry much. If you do well in grade 9 academic, you can request to be directly transferred into the IB program. In addition, you wont be missing out on much as grade 9 Pre-IB is very similar to normal academic. I have a few friends actually who never even wrote the IB entrabce exam, but were asked if they would like to join IB. 

I wish you the best of luck and that you'll be able to attend Bayview!

• 2 years later...