The Reach of the Chemistry EE?

ApatheticPython

My subject for the EE is chemistry, and I was wondering how far I can stretch that subject to apply to other subjects. My main idea is that I should study how cottonmouth venom is synthesized into an antivenom. The final topic is due tomorrow. However, there are a lot of problems with this topic. First of all, my TOK teacher (not my subject supervisor) told me that this topic leans too heavily into biology, but he isn’t the best resource on scientific EEs, which he admitted to me personally. Second of all, venom is a toxic chemical. Am I allowed to study this, even though I don’t plan to do am experiment myself? The subject says explicitly that toxic and dangerous chemicals are prohibited, but I’m unsure if that applies only to personally-conducted experiments, or to the topic in general. Lastly, I can’t do my own experiment in this topic, obviously. Will this cause me to lose points? 

These are my main problems/ questions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Edited by ApatheticPython
Term correction