Economics EE- Fall of the pound

foreverconfusedd

Hey, 

Im currently in Grade 11 and we've just been introduced to our EE and I've decided I wanted to do mine in Economics even though humanities essays are considered more difficult. I need to make a proposal to my economics teacher by this week since he's very sought after and teaches two subjects so if anyone could let me know whether my idea is suitable it would be much appreciated.

Basically, in my essay I wanted to talk about Brexit and the fall of the pound as a result of this and I wanted to link it to either Income of British expats in Abu Dhabi (local context) however i thought that this might've been too specific even though its easy to get primary data on since I'm exposed to many professional British Nationals. I could talk about sending money back home and for retirement accounts and how the fall of the pound effects this. My other idea was how the fall of the pound effects the tourism industry in Abu Dhabi since a lot of British citizens come visit Abu Dhabi, however I thought for the secondary data it would be very hard to isolate just British citizens. In this option, I could talk about how British nationals spend more since the weak pound give them the luxury to do so but again I thought this might seem to be too weak of a link and be considered a stretch by the IB. 

My general layout for the EE would be first talking about the economic theory of exchange rate and purchasing power parity and then Brexit and talk about how mainly that and other factors contributed to the depreciation of the exchange rate of the pound. Then from there I would either talk about the tourism industry or the effects on income of British Expats.

BTW, sorry this is a really rough overview since we only got introduced to the EE two days ago but i believe my econ teacher will be very helpful and i need him as my supervisor as soon as possible. 

Please let me know if you think this would be appropriate for an EE or if you have any other ideas about what I could link the fall of the pound to. 

Thanks in Advance !!