struggling with ib history

VictoriaMar

okay so my history class doesnt have any books so we go off a powerpoint and its so hard bc he doesnt really teach us because hes a economic teacher. how can i be better at history without the books? he puts the powerpoints up but i dont think thats enough for me, can i order books? any study tips? i want to do somewhat above decent on the ib test but i dont think itll work out if this keeps up 

• 2 months later...

Hi! you can actually download the books from the internet but our school doesnt really use them either because my teacher thinks theyre not very helpful.

basically from what ive noticed in ib questions is that the only information you really need to answer the questions are general ideas and outtake of the events to answer essays and source questions. for example, discuss xx's contribution to the initiation of the cold war.

-- you think abt the events that xx has been involved in like speeches or beliefs or propaganda etc.,

-- separate them into points

-- make paragraphs for each point with evidence and analysis linking back to ur thesis statement which is for example: "xx mainly initiated it through his political beliefs." 

If you have general idea of the important events and the people as well as the results, you could easily link up ideas. I hope this helps because essays are the main part of history and i literally just read wikipedia summaries of the events and connect my ideas with other events that could support my point. 

you could use the same method with source questions but more briefly and more geared towards the source question depending on if you'll provide information or base your answer solely on the source.

Just now, preengles said:

Hi! you can actually download the books from the internet but our school doesnt really use them either because my teacher thinks theyre not very helpful.

basically from what ive noticed in ib questions is that the only information you really need to answer the questions are general ideas and outtake of the events to answer essays and source questions. for example, discuss xx's contribution to the initiation of the cold war.

-- you think abt the events that xx has been involved in like speeches or beliefs or propaganda etc.,

-- separate them into points

-- make paragraphs for each point with evidence and analysis linking back to ur thesis statement which is for example: "xx mainly initiated it through his political beliefs." 

If you have general idea of the important events and the people as well as the results, you could easily link up ideas. I hope this helps because essays are the main part of history and i literally just read wikipedia summaries of the events and connect my ideas with other events that could support my point. 

you could use the same method with source questions but more briefly and more geared towards the source question depending on if you'll provide information or base your answer solely on the source.

also! crashcourse helps as they involve most of the topics covered in ib and other yt channels so just search up ur current topic.