st. robs chs entrance exams help?

felicityy

Hello, so the entrance exams for some programs are coming around this November, and I'm doing a few exams, but one that stands out to me is the entrance exam for Saint Roberts CHS pre IB. I know that they don't test French, but for the math, is it around grade 8 curriculum level or is it more like grade 9 curriculum math? Also, for the reading comprehension part, how can I prepare? I've been doing Gauss math contests, grade 7 and 8, and usually I can get all Part A and Part B questions right ; however, Part C questions tend to stump me, usually I get 2 or 3 of the Part C questions right, but once in a blue moon I can get the last 2? My reading comprehension preparation has literally just been me finding online resources, I've been trying to read higher grade passages.  I've also heard that apparently the math is kind of like the CAT test math? Is that true? Anyways, thank you!

You may be surprised just how many posts we get on applying to York Regional IB schools. There are a lot more. Use the search bar at the top right of this page. (It seems that whenever people mention the name of IB school they are applying to, it's always Bayview or something). It seems that you are well prepared for math. They shouldn't test you on grade 9 material. If you have been reading on a regular or semi-regular basis then you should be fine for reading. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I see that you’re also doing the test this November! I had a question, and would really appreciate it if your responded. You said that you’re doing the Pre-IB entrance exam for St. Roberts, but what confuses me is the fact that other people said that it’s basically one test for all schools...? So I wanted to ask if there’s a certain individual test for each of the schools? Again, it’s okay if you don’t want to share that, I’m just extremely nervous for the exam and want to gather as much info as possible.