IBCP university requirements

rtat

What subjects do you want to take? I'm currently doing IB Certificate lessons with Math HL (very deadly one).

In EU, there is American University of Paris, Applied Science Universities in the Netherlands, and there are a lot of universities on Greece. I want to study in Greece but I will plan for a gap year because I will learn Greek. The English speaking universities in Greece like Deree and Metropolitan don't need the IBDP and all they want is a high school certificate. 

I think you can do the IBDP. If you can't do it, just take IBCP.

I think you can go to the university with the IBCP. Some unis in the USA accept IBCP even if it is a top university like MIT or Stanford. I will recommend you to not apply to the top universities in Europe like Delft in NL or the Technical University in Switzerland because they look for grades.

IBCP-University-list-updated-Jan-18.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 1:22 AM, lilyserbest said:

What subjects do you want to take? I'm currently doing IB Certificate lessons with Math HL (very deadly one).

In EU, there is American University of Paris, Applied Science Universities in the Netherlands, and there are a lot of universities on Greece. I want to study in Greece but I will plan for a gap year because I will learn Greek. The English speaking universities in Greece like Deree and Metropolitan don't need the IBDP and all they want is a high school certificate. 

I think you can do the IBDP. If you can't do it, just take IBCP.

I think you can go to the university with the IBCP. Some unis in the USA accept IBCP even if it is a top university like MIT or Stanford. I will recommend you to not apply to the top universities in Europe like Delft in NL or the Technical University in Switzerland because they look for grades.

IBCP-University-list-updated-Jan-18.pdf

Hi, 

Thank you very much for all the tips! Good to know that some ivy league school accept IBCP as well.  However, my IBDP course will start tomorrow and i've picked DT HL, Geography HL, CHI lang b HL, Math SL, Eng SL & Business management SL. I will go with IBDP first, if i can't den i might transfer to IBCP. 

Anyway, I wanted to do a gap year as well since after all I feel like i need a break after high school, i might take other languages during that period as well.   

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 2:26 PM, rtat said:

Hi, 

Thank you very much for all the tips! Good to know that some ivy league school accept IBCP as well.  However, my IBDP course will start tomorrow and i've picked DT HL, Geography HL, CHI lang b HL, Math SL, Eng SL & Business management SL. I will go with IBDP first, if i can't den i might transfer to IBCP. 

Anyway, I wanted to do a gap year as well since after all I feel like i need a break after high school, i might take other languages during that period as well.   

For the IBDP, you might need to do CAS, TOK and Extended Essay. I think you can start the IBDP as you mentioned.

I didn't start with IBDP because I don't want to have too much work an there were a lot of students who chose the IBDP from my class. My school wants more IB Certificates as well.

Enjoy!

Edited by lilyserbest