Studying in Australia

Currently, I am going onto year 12 and I am doing my IB exams in May 2020. I would like to study in Australia, moving there from Germany, and I had a few questions:

1) Do Australian universities generally accept predicted grades from overseas IB schools?

2) I would like to apply for a TFN (Tax Filing Number) as soon as possible as I would like to apply for a HECS-loan and for CSP– can I apply for this outside of Australia? I looked at the official ato.gov website and they have an application document for "people living outside of Australia". However, on the document I have to select a reason why I am applying for one and my reason, i.e. wanting to study there, is not an option, how else would I apply for a TFN?

• 3 months later...
On 8/4/2019 at 5:16 PM, Pretentious_Flamingo said:

Currently, I am going onto year 12 and I am doing my IB exams in May 2020. I would like to study in Australia, moving there from Germany, and I had a few questions:

1) Do Australian universities generally accept predicted grades from overseas IB schools?

2) I would like to apply for a TFN (Tax Filing Number) as soon as possible as I would like to apply for a HECS-loan and for CSP– can I apply for this outside of Australia? I looked at the official ato.gov website and they have an application document for "people living outside of Australia". However, on the document I have to select a reason why I am applying for one and my reason, i.e. wanting to study there, is not an option, how else would I apply for a TFN?

the problem is australian uni's dont start until January. So if you graduate may 2020, you wont start till January 2021. So they dont accept you until they have seen your final exam results. They dont really care about predicted.