What Language B options does your school offer?

Vvi

My school only offers French B SL. I suppose that's a tribute to our class size; we usually only have 20-30 students in one class. Oh, and SL subjects can't be taken by certificate students at my school either; only the science and math HLs can. It's kinda sad really. Personally, I've found French to be more stressful than all my subjects combined, but maybe that's because we finish the course and take the exam this May. :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My school only offers Spanish, French, Classical Latin B at SL. I know my school is going to start Mandarin (not sure at what level) next year but I doubt it will be available to incoming IB Juniors. I wish we had AB Initio... it'd make my life so much easier ;[[. Spanish = ugh.

Spanish B (SL and HL), French B (SL and HL), and Latin (I'm not sure about the specifics of that one, but I think SL and HL!). Latin *is* IB, right? Some people in my school go up to like Latin 7... I'm in Spanish 6 right now (HL). ¡Me encanta el español!

Also, we have a lot of internationals from our school, and they sometimes take their "self-taught" language as an A1 (my friend is from the Netherlands and she's taking Dutch A1 HL I think haha).

lol same story. french B SL for us canadians at my school as well

Heh. My school isn't any better; we only have B languages French and Spanish both HL or SL, and A2 SL or HL French. Really, it's unjustified since we have so many students from Europe and China...

I wish we had Asian languages such as Canto, Mando, or Viet...actually, I really wanna learn Korean~~~! :)

Edited by Kaitie