Hey guys, 

I was wondering if the following subjects would allow me to take an Economics Course in the top colleges in the United States, especially Ivy leagues? I am keeping the option of Ivy Leagues open here. I have taken the combination based on the idea of managing my academics with personal developments and creativity. (Balance between logic and creativity). I do have an interest in Media and designing. I could replace CS with DT if required to show colleges the idea of handling challenges. I have just finished an MYP course. 

1. English HL 

2. Math AI HL 

3. Economics HL

4. DT SL 

5. Film SL

6. French AB SL 

• 2 months later...

I also chose Film, but as an HL. My plan is to study math but i am also very passionate about arts and especially filmmaking. I have also taken the idea of combining my academics with creativity, like you said, balance between logic and creativity. But I am scared that choosing film film look like that i am taking it c-just to boost up my GPA. Many people think like this when I tell them that I chose Film HL. But I am very passionate about it, and I will produce many short movies or documentaries about my other interests, such as math and sciences. So I will work hard to do my best in film. Do you think it will be a disadvantage and cause me to not get accepted in those schools? I am scared that it will seem like an easy subject but it is actually very time consuming and requires creativity as well as hard work. My others courses are below:

HL Math

HL Physics

HL Film

SL English

SL Economics

SL Turkish Language and Literature

• 2 weeks later...