saraht85

I'm in 10th grade and I've figured out almost my IB courses:

Lit and Lang

Arabic B

Global Politics

Mathematics

Physics

Music

I know I want to take lit/lang and glob. pol at sl but I am not sure whether to take Music or Arabic at sl. I already take music outside of school, play three instruments for 5-6 years, and have taken music theory and comp for 5 years too. I've heard that hl math and science are super difficult so with my previous experience, it might be an easier hl course. I know that I might want to pursue music in college, in addition to physics, so that would help, wouldn't it? I still think that music might be a waste of my time because Arabic, of course, is way more academic. What do you guys think?

• 2 months later...

Music is a harder course trust me but it can also be very rewarding if it is something you love doing. People think that it is the easy A of IB classes and I can tell you that right now we are deconstructing a 30 page symphony for our IB exams in the spring. It will defiantly help you in playing your other instruments as well.