Written Task Part 1&2 - Is my topic too vague?

I'm writing a WT on Language and Power and I decided to write an apology. It's supposed to be an apology from a person who said some ignorant, insensitive comment about a certain group of people (and got a lot of criticism for). I'm writing it as a social media post where I can also write down comments and show different people's reaction to this person's apology.

In my rationale, I said that I'm trying to show how apologies can be used to deflect accusations and evade responsibilities.

However, my teacher told me that my WT is too vague and that she can't see a clear topic that I'm trying to show. She is saying that I'm just imitating a text type but not having anything concrete to show. I think I understand what she means because I also can't really clearly state what the topic of my WT is. The problem is I don't really know how to solve this problem. Can someone help me how to improve on this?

Also, what is a "topic" supposed to be in a WT? I'm still so confused with how this assessment works and what the IB wants the students to do in this.