I need help IB students

samcue

The first thing i would like to know is that, in your IB programs do your teachers communicate with each other so that they don't plan tests or assignments on the same day so they don't overwhelm the students? I'm going through a difficult time since my IB coordinator has told my class of 2020 that if we joined IB that it would be tough and challenging but the teachers talk to each other and plan their schedules so they don't overwhelm us.  Some of the teachers talk to each other but rarely .... I spoke out about this since at this point in the school year their is so much stuff like assignments, projects, AP tests, finals due all in so little time and its just not me who feels overwhelm its other students in my class. I talked and explained to my IB coordinator about all that is going on and he sent out an email in response,   to all the teachers and some are mad at me for speaking out about this. What should i do next and did i do anything wrong please help cause i don't know what to do and i don't want to make this problem into a bigger one. 

• Like 1

I think usually students just say that they also have a test that day and the teacher will move it to the day before or day after. In my school almost everyone had the same schedule so it was very reasonable for the teacher to accommodate. It's a lot different if you get a lot of subject choices then it's not feasible to account for everyone's overlaps.

Normally, we just tell the teacher if we have an IB/AP test that day, we've had to rearrange TOK presentations so many times because everyone has IB and AP tests. Some of the teachers communicate, some don't, it depends on the school I guess. Everyone talks to the IB coordinator about IB but not all the teachers coordinate, especially if they're in different subjects. History will coordinate with other history, english will talk to other english, ect.