How fast can one finish CAS?

AxelM

So I began my IB career in August 2018, and will do my exams in May 2020. 

I've honestly completely procrastinated the CAS thinking I could do numerous hours recorded (5 hours per C A S) a week. 

Seemingly, this is not the case. So I wonder:

From today until May 2020, how many hours can I complete for CAS? I'm fine working over holidays too etc! 

Procrastinating is honestly a life saver... and to be real, I have no idea, the time will depend on your project. For my case, my CAS coordinator is hardcore and hope we are gonna change the world but that is very unrealistic. My CAS project will never end to be honest because I literally adopted a shelter cat. 

If you had extracurriculars from before IB, fulfilling CAS shouldn't be too hard. Maybe half a year to a year is more than enough. Once you think about it, there's a lot more of your life that qualifies as CAS than you think, so don't sweat it too much. You only need 150 hours to pass CAS. Going out for a run or a hike with friends count.

Also, you can do a lot of something in a concentrated amount of time, and record it gradually as to stretch out the time frame, get more reflections, etc ;)

3 minutes ago, kw0573 said:

@Jaysun IB has ceased hour-counting. An emphasis is now commitment and personal growth. 

Damn, my age is showing :'(

Now that I'm done IB, this change seems like a good idea. However I would've hated the vagueness and uncertainty of passing CAS while I was a student. 150 hours is far more achievable (or rather, easy to brute force) than "commitment and personal growth".

52 minutes ago, Jaysun said:

Damn, my age is showing :'(

Now that I'm done IB, this change seems like a good idea. However I would've hated the vagueness and uncertainty of passing CAS while I was a student. 150 hours is far more achievable (or rather, easy to brute force) than "commitment and personal growth".

If i recall correctly it has been implemented for your cohort where we just fulfill the 7-8 "aims". Until 2018 they said "approximately 150 hours" but now the wording has changed to avoid any notion that 150 hours is a requirement and there are more required journal components. But technically the 150 hours stopped being a thing since 2010.