Should you take the non-regular diploma?

MelroseTyron

Hi, 

I'm thinking about taking all the sciences HL, and no humanities. I'm still not so sure though about applying to medschool. How will the US universities view not having studied any social sciences in the IB? I heard that you have to study at least two years social sciences in cosllege to be accepted to university. Is that true? Thanks!

Yeah many school in US needs about one or two years of high school level social science or history. Eg. http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/freshman/requirements/a-g-requirements/index.html#history To take an irregular diploma, you need to provide to IB a school that needs three sciences. If you are applying for med school, you really don't need physics. IB recommends taking a seventh subject, because taking an irregular diploma is not really in the spirit of IB (ie you may be better off taking AP or A-Levels). 

Thanks for the reply, I was also thinking about taking a seventh subject, because I don't want to limit my possibilities. But that seems quite rigorous though. So I'd probably take then history/ economics instead of biology (I want to take physics!), but then I can't get in to medschool... Choosing IB subjects is like solving a Rubic's cube :"D