What do I need to study for the pre-IB entrance test? Please help.

Pactumserva

I'm currently a grade 8 student applying to Colonel By (Ottawa, Canada) IB program. I have an overall academic average of approx. 95%. I was wondering what I should study for the entrance test. If anyone could give some examples of what was on their test in any country I would be eternally grateful. I do my test on Jan. 19, 2019. 

I have an Ib entrance exam coming up too mine is math and English too what I am doin is pascal tests from the cemc website those are challenging and helpful you should try those and if you are strong in math I am pretty sure you will do fine

Also review stuff you learned in grade 7

Hey there Wimp. I'm also in Ontario Canada and I'm in my first year of pre-ib. Usually all you need to know is your grade 7 stuff, English, math and french and a bit of grade 8 stuff. I don't know if our exams will be somewhat alike but all we had on mine was our french, math and English, all or mostly all stuff that we learnt in grade 9. Hopefully this helps and good luck on your exam

Edited by IBLearner
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/8/2019 at 10:40 AM, IBLearner said:

Hey there Wimp. I'm also in Ontario Canada and I'm in my first year of pre-ib. Usually all you need to know is your grade 7 stuff, English, math and french and a bit of grade 8 stuff. I don't know if our exams will be somewhat alike but all we had on mine was our french, math and English, all or mostly all stuff that we learnt in grade 9. Hopefully this helps and good luck on your exam

hey i have the test coming up do you remeber if there was a sience as well but also was it diffucult

hey so um i have the test coming up do yk if its hard or not

• 1 month later...

I am applying to Colonel By this year as well but what math exercise r we doing this year? PLZ help me if anyone knows. Is it still the CAT? On the website it said it is a timed math exercise. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO AS PRACTICE THIS YEAR? Sorry I'm having panic attack rn. PLS HELP. 

• 7 months later...

I am going to go into grade 8 in September and I am trying to apply to Colonel By, but unfortunately I do not live in the boundary, so I have to apple to Merivale HS. The OCDSB says on their website that we need to do a questionnaire, a math task, and a writing prompt task. But here is saying something VERY different. So, the people that have done the exam for the 2022-2023 year, what do I need to study and what is the exam like?