FOA Help Please - Alone or Pair?

THG

Hi everyone,

So, my teacher introduced us for the first time about this FOA today and apparently we are going to do 2 FOAs, the first one is in this quarter, and the second one is in the next quarter. My teacher told us that for the first one, you can pair up with a classmate because it's our first time or you can do it alone. 

So, my question is: is it better to pair up or just do it alone? Like did most of you do your FOAs alone or paired or grouped?

For the first FOA, we're supposed to base it on Language in Cultural Context, I'm still unsure what kind of stuff I have to do because today was just a simple briefing, but I just want to know early about this. I'm also anxious about these pairing up thinggy all the time because I might not be able to get a partner... But, I also don't know if doing it alone is better and more beneficial... And I'm relatively quite a shy person and hate public speaking, but of course I know I have to push beyond my comfort zones now, so like whatever I don't care.

But, please respond this asap with your opinions and experiences pleaseee... Thank you everyone. 

everyone in my class did both their FOAs alone, as with everyone's hectic schedules it proved to be easier than finding times when they could work with someone else, and it also avoids the issue of some people liking things done v early vs leaving til the last minute etc. however i'm sure doing it in a pair would be just fine too

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 8:59 PM, Blackcurrant said:

It's up to you, really, but doing it singly is probably faster and more efficient...and you get to make all your own decisions. Sounds like you are in a hurry, so this is the best way, I imagine. 

Thank you so much, and it turns out that almost all of us in our class are going to do it alone. Now, my proposal is due on Monday and honestly I'm so ruined. 

On 8/22/2018 at 3:56 AM, dxsxnchxntxd said:

everyone in my class did both their FOAs alone, as with everyone's hectic schedules it proved to be easier than finding times when they could work with someone else, and it also avoids the issue of some people liking things done v early vs leaving til the last minute etc. however i'm sure doing it in a pair would be just fine too

I see. Thank you very much for the suggestion!

1 hour ago, THG said:

Thank you so much, and it turns out that almost all of us in our class are going to do it alone. Now, my proposal is due on Monday and honestly I'm so ruined. 

You'll do fine if you have a clear idea what you want to do!  :)