Written Assignment: No Mistakes

Our teacher says that if there are no mistakes in our WA then the examiners will think we cheated.

But what if you edit your work by yourself so well, seeing as you have a lot of time, with dictionaries and apply the grammar rules? What if it is actually your own work but it is very high quality?

Also, the teacher says that they will think you cheated if your Paper 2 is worse than your WA. Any thoughts?

I don't want to cheat but I also do not want examiners to think that I've cheated even though I haven't.

Absurd.

Why are u not allowed to write a perfectly correct WA in English B? Two of my classmates taking English B write proficiently in English and produced flawless WA essays ( in grammar and style and yes, "flawless" according to their teacher and tutors)  ... Why are u not allowed to? 

Also, there is no law against you spellchecking your work or having someone look at it if you are unsure of your writing. It's what writers do. I say ignore that advice and go ahead and produce your best work, flawless and all.

• Like 1

In our school our teachers said a similar thing for our French WA.

They told us to save each of our drafts and all the process work, so if the IB think you cheated you can pull out the drafts and show them the work you put into it to prove that you did it on your own. IB just wants to prevent academic dishonesty, they don't want to stop you from achieving high marks. 

We finished the exam this May. The native French speaker in our class didn't have a problem with the examiners, even though her WA probably didn't have a single mistake. 

Good luck, save your drafts, and do your best work!

• Like 1