EE TOPIC HELP PLEASE

THG

Hi, everyone. I was wondering if any of you could help in throwing some suggestions on my EE topics..

I'm taking Physics HL, Math HL, Economics HL, Eng A SL, MandarinAB, Chemistry SL. It's strongly recommended by my teachers to do an EE on one of my HLs, so I'm probably gonna do that. I have very few ideas in mind, just the topics, not the RQ, and it'd help me a lot if you guys could tell me your thoughts on what I have to say I guess?

I was thinking about K-Pop for Economics. Like how K-Pop have increased the economy in Korea something like that? I don't know if that makes sense or would be taken as a joke or something by other people tho.

Or I was thinking about something to do with Photography, but I realized that in order for me to do something about Photography, it's better to have Visual Arts, but I don't take the subject... I am trying to relate Photography to any of my HLs, but I can't seem to think of anything... Like I don't even know what areas in Photography that I want to explore into if I were to take that. I'm just simply interested in Photography and editing...

Also, if not, something to do with Computer Science/Programming I guess? However, again, I don't know what kind of topic I want to do in Computer Science and what will the chosen subject be? CompSci is not offered in our school... But, again it's one of very very few areas of interests (like coding or something).

Or something to do with Food? Cooking?

I'm just so lost and everyone has got ideas or a subject in mind to do even though it's only the third week of my first year in the IB Program, but here I am not knowing what to do. I've also got no clear dreams on who I want to be or anything. So, it's kind of hard for me to relate to what I want to do for EE because the teachers always say that it's better to do an EE on what you are very interested in and most likely would be helpful for you in the University, something like that. 

So, it'd help me a lot if you throw in some ideas or just like some kind of a response.. I would really appreciate the help. Thank you guys... 

Hi,

Your K-Pop idea is not a bad idea; examining its impact on the Korean economy may be an interesting topic to write about. You might have to narrow it down a little (e.g. a specific time period or a specific set of artists) so that you can keep your essay to 4,000 words. But I don't think people would consider it as a joke, especially if you focus on the economics aspect and make it very technical. 

Regarding photography, you could connect it to Maths and talk about ratios and maths in those photos. However, this seems harder to write than the K-Pop one. 

Good luck!

39 minutes ago, AndresLopez said:

Hi,

Your K-Pop idea is not a bad idea; examining its impact on the Korean economy may be an interesting topic to write about. You might have to narrow it down a little (e.g. a specific time period or a specific set of artists) so that you can keep your essay to 4,000 words. But I don't think people would consider it as a joke, especially if you focus on the economics aspect and make it very technical. 

Regarding photography, you could connect it to Maths and talk about ratios and maths in those photos. However, this seems harder to write than the K-Pop one. 

Good luck!

Aaaah I see, I'll have to think more about it! Thank you soooo much for responding! :)

Actually your K-pop idea is not bad. But you consider even other subjects for your EE. As your EE subject is not considered by universities, only your EE points is considered by universities. You can talk about different K-pop entertainment companies and how these companies has an impact on the economy of Korea? Also about photography, you can change your subject to Visual Arts if you want to.

2 hours ago, IBZOMBIE9840 said:

Actually your K-pop idea is not bad. But you consider even other subjects for your EE. As your EE subject is not considered by universities, only your EE points is considered by universities. You can talk about different K-pop entertainment companies and how these companies has an impact on the economy of Korea? Also about photography, you can change your subject to Visual Arts if you want to.

Although the EE subject is not considered by universities, you can talk about it in your university application if your EE subject is relevant to your undergraduate course (if you have to write an essay or personal statement about why you want to study that course). So, for example, if you want to study economics at university, having an Economics EE to talk about in your application is good to show your interest and knowledge of the subject, which can make your application look better. Of course, this is not a requirement, just a "bonus", and you can do whatever subject you want for your EE even if you don't want to study it in the future. 

7 hours ago, IBZOMBIE9840 said:

Based on my EE coordinator, it's better to have your EE on a topic of what you would take a major in University as it would help a lot in your Uni Application and Personal Statement or something, but I don't even know what I'm going to do for my University yet, so like I'm so confused.

And really? You think so? I wanted to find out about yes those kind of things for the K-pop, but I'm not sure either. And for Visual Arts, I'm not allowed to take it because I didn't take Arts IGCSE last year and my Art skills are horrible, I just really take interests in taking photographs and editing them, playing with the colours, something like that haha. 

6 hours ago, AndresLopez said:

Although the EE subject is not considered by universities, you can talk about it in your university application if your EE subject is relevant to your undergraduate course (if you have to write an essay or personal statement about why you want to study that course). So, for example, if you want to study economics at university, having an Economics EE to talk about in your application is good to show your interest and knowledge of the subject, which can make your application look better. Of course, this is not a requirement, just a "bonus", and you can do whatever subject you want for your EE even if you don't want to study it in the future. 

Ohhh yes yes!! That's what my EE coordinator said too!! And that's what I'm worried too. I don't think I'm going to take Economics for my University, but I don't really know what I want either. It's so messy. I'm probably going to take Engineering/Computer Science, but I don't have the passion for that...  

7 minutes ago, THG said:

Ohhh yes yes!! That's what my EE coordinator said too!! And that's what I'm worried too. I don't think I'm going to take Economics for my University, but I don't really know what I want either. It's so messy. I'm probably going to take Engineering/Computer Science, but I don't have the passion for that...  

Then don't worry about your EE matching your university course. As I said before, it's not a requirement. Just focus on doing an EE on something that interests you, hopefully related to one of your subjects (so you have more background knowledge on the topic). Don't worry about university for now; you will eventually figure out what you want to study! Good luck with your EE!

1 hour ago, AndresLopez said:

Then don't worry about your EE matching your university course. As I said before, it's not a requirement. Just focus on doing an EE on something that interests you, hopefully related to one of your subjects (so you have more background knowledge on the topic). Don't worry about university for now; you will eventually figure out what you want to study! Good luck with your EE!

I see. Hopefully and thank you so much for responding!!!! :)

21 hours ago, AndresLopez said:

They would only see if they have the perfect score for a EE. But as you said it is true that you would get a bonus if someone else and you have the same scores and you have a EE matching your University course and the other person have an EE with some other subject you would get more preference than him