IB Math Studies or IB Math SL?

VictorBernstein

I'm going to be a senior in high school and I need help deciding what math class to take as a senior. During my junior year, I took IB Math SL 1 and got a B-. Next year, I can either go on to IB Math SL II or take IB Math Studies SL (my school teacher math studies as a one year course). I plan on majoring in business management. I feel like I could easily get a 6/7 in Math Studies while I would get a lower grade in SL Math. The two main colleges I'm looking at are Virginia Tech and The University of Virginia.

If I'm planning on majoring in business, should I take IB Math SL or IB Math Studies?

From my experience,  Math SL is frequently asked by universities (if they ask for any in the first place) after of course Math HL. But overall, I think that staying in SL will be a good idea, as math at college will be definitely more rigorous so you might want to get used to working a little bit harder. 

• 6 months later...