switching science HLs halfway thru 1st year....

honeyren

i had a bit of a crisis and want to switch from Physics HL to Biology HL halfway through my first year of IB. is this a good idea? will i be able to catch up? i'm certain i won't have done well in physics and biology makes a ton more sense to me...just the sheer amount i think i will need to catch up on is scary.

sorry for this being my first post but i needed some opinions. my only other option is Music HL and i'd rather not go down that road unless absolutely necessary 😓

If you want to switch and you are in a semestered school, this is the best time to switch courses. You should get access to the textbook and briefly read over what was covered. It seems to me that despite the large amount of information in biology, it is easy to catch up by just read and re-read the book. Meanwhile for physics to improve you need to do a wide variety of problems and may need to see many examples. 

• Like 1

biology hl is one of the most content heavy subjects so it'll be a lot to catch up on, BUT in a sense it's one of the easiest to catch up on because so much of it is just straight up rote learning: it'll take a lot of time and effort, but if you think it's better than physics or music overall, it's definitely worth it.

• Like 1