Eng A EE - Women and Shakespeare and Literature

Purple1502

Hello!

I have decided to do my EE in English A. I want to investigate the portrayal of women in Literature, and have come up with three questions:

- "How are women portrayed in Shakespeare's works and how does this reflect the time period in which it was written?"

- The portrayal of women in Literature vs the portrayal in Shakespeare's works. (I have to come up with a question.)

- The portrayal of women in different books aka a comparison. (Yet to come up with a question.)

Which do you think is the best? Are they too broad/narrow or not research based enough to be approved? Any specific advice? I would appreciate any comment. :)

Thank you very much!!~

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I think the most interesting of these three would be "How are women portrayed in Shakespeare's works and how does this reflect the time period in which it was written?", I thought about this and found some interesting material, I recommend that you also study the theme of revenge in “Hamlet” by William Shakespeare, because everything is described here briefly and in essence, and the topic is not easy, but important in the analysis of the work William Shakespeare's Hamlet, good luck in studying.

Edited by CharlieHume

I like the first one, too, but I think you could narrow it down to a specific aspect of women's lives, such as fashion (like what the clothing reflects about the characters and plots), mental health, influence on others, or standards of mannerism compared to the actual period. Just portrayal of women may too much considering how strong Shakespeare's works are.