Chemistry SL or Physics SL?

JKY

Hi, I'm a sophomore and I'm currently choosing my IB subjects (and it's stressful haha)!

I won't be pursuing a career in math or science because I want to major in languages thanks to my international background (and it tends to be easier for me most times).

I was originally planning on IB Chemistry SL, but some research has told me that IB Physics SL may be a better option (lower grade boundaries?); I would appreciate any advice that you can give me regarding which one is easier and what the characteristics of those subjects are. Our teachers seem to be okay in both subjects, so that's not a big factor. 

Here are my (almost) final subjects: English A Lit HL Math HL Psychology HL Chem/Physics SL French B SL Spanish B SL (Spanish in Ab Initio)

I am taking math because I enjoy the challenge and the subject itself (despite not wanting a career); I'd say I'm good in our current class, which is known as the prerequisite for Math HL in our school. I take chemistry now but I don't take physics (that's apparently not a problem). I enjoy the mathematical parts of chemistry, but I sometimes find the theory hard to understand when it goes deeper. I don't like memorizing, but the amount that chemistry requires hasn't bothered me much. My main concerns are: Chem? High grade boundaries, labs, unable to grasp theory Physics? It's notorious for being difficult, but that's in HL so.. Same here, I'm worried about not getting the theory, mainly.

Thank you for your help :)

Edited by JKY

There is significant amount of theory in both Physics SL and Chemistry SL. Lower boundary does not imply about difficulty of class. You should consider if historically at your school more people get 6s or 7s in one of these subjects because that could mean teacher/curriculum is better than in the other one.

@kw0573 Hello, thank you for your reply!

I have heard that physics is mainly math, and that Math HL (which I will take) can be an advantage, which is why I'm considering changing. I've heard in contrast that Chemistry SL is harder, so I am unsure. Would you have any advice?

Thank you again!