How to make my Math IA more suited for HL??

Clarissa C

Hi friends,

Following up from my previous post, I talked to my math teacher as I found an egg shape building, and what I'm planning to do is model the building by volume revolution from a curve, and then maximise the space inside. However, I don't really see the HL part of this and it seems like something SL could do as well.

Any ideas on what kind of math I can include to make it more suited for HL? Thanks for your input!

I don't think statistics always increase level of math. I see so many questions here where a simple exploration in differential equations and (relatively) simple multivariable calculus would be much stronger IAs, but instead people opt for some convoluted statistics that they can't explain. For the egg shape building, you can try explore geometry on a curved surface, for example, the area of a curved window on the building. That would be very difficult but you can think along those lines. 

• Like 1