LinkedIn High School for Undergrad Med - useful?

It sounds like a really weird piece of advice to me, as LinkedIn is a professional network. I have yet to see anyone lower than undergraduate level on LinkedIn, most people on there are working professionals. Unless you want to find a job straight out of high school (which you clearly don't), then I don't quite understand the point, unless it's so that if an admissions officer Googles you (which they most likely don't have time to do), something more polished than your Facebook profile shows up. 

There is no harm in setting up a profile but, frankly, I doubt you'll have much to put on there, but I'd be surprised if it was in any way beneficial to your application. 

If you're interested, here's the link to my profile (though keep in mind I'm a third year undergraduate): https://www.linkedin.com/in/gabrielaadagrzywacz/ 

• Like 1

Hey there

So first up, in Australia, you first complete a Bachelor of Medical Science then a Masters of medicine and potentially Masters of Surgery. Find the details (for uni melbourne at least) here. http://mdhs-study.unimelb.edu.au/degrees

Next, LinkedIn is largely a professional website; so it'll be more useful once you start uni. You can create a profile no doubt, but it really won't help. Much like the UK, Australia focuses on grades and just some quick Googling (and my own apps) showed there aren't weren/t essays etc. So i doubt the admissions committee would look at your LinkedIn.

Hope this helps and Best of Luck with your app!

• Like 1