Is it legal to write a story about being in IB?

ToThinkIsToLive

Just wondering if it is legal to write a story about the life of an IB student? Is it legal to mention CAS, IB, TOK and other parts of the syllabus in a story?

I don't want to plagiarise anything or infringe on copyright. I just want to know if I can write a story about the daily experiences of someone in IB and kind of mention parts of the syllabus (e.g. that organic chem test was really hard or do you remember the factors that affect the rate of photosynthesis).

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, very much so. You can basically write about anything. This is not plagiarism. Plagiarism is copying something already written by someone else and passing it off as your own. This is also nowhere near to anything infringing on their copyright. Righting about your opinion of various things in IB is not copyright infringement.

You can pretty much write about anything. If you write something as non-fiction, then there are some libel laws which you'd have to be trying to break (or hate speech, depending on your jurisdiction); but even non-fiction you'd have to go out of your way to even approach something that would make you legally liable.

Reproducing an IB exam and then selling it would be a different story.