History IA Topic?

gillianhope0627

I am trying to explore possible topics for my History HL IA, and I am having trouble coming up with a topic that I am either interested in or can explain thoroughly. I have some basic ideas, but I'm not sure how I could develop my question to write an IA that will score well. Any tips or words of wisdom?

Here are some topics that I am interested in:

-JFK assassination
-The introduction of new warfare technologies in WWI
-Internal conflict in America (surrounding and after revolution)
-Downfall of the Whig party

I would love to do something with the JFK assassination, but I'm scared that I won't be able to focus a question enough or be able to have evidence that can support a question. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys! :) 

I think asking who most likely assassinated JFK is a valid question, even though there's loads of research on that. The wrinkle that's difficult there is finding your own unique opinion as distinct from your secondary sources to really rise above a B or a C. I think using if analyzing tumult after the Revolution is very interesting, as well as why the Whig party disbanded. The weak question here is the WWI question, as it needs to be a lot more specific and focused before I can comment on it.