Format Required for IA/ WT/ WA and EE

LeoWR

Hi everyone, 

I am writing my IAs and WAs for every subject. Following the new IB requirements, how should I write the front page of all my works? something like:

WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT- SPANISH B

CANDIDATE NUMBER: ...

and maybe WORD COUNT:...   

is this right?

And also, do I have to use a certain font (Times New Roman, Calibri, Helvetica, Helvetica Neue or Arial)? Which one of them? I know that I should 11/12 as a font size and double spacing but I don't know what font type I have to use.

Thank you all in advance,

Leo!

I was told to use font Arial size 12 single-spaced for science and maths IAs, and double spaced for my written tasks, EE, and other IAs. 

Pretty sure Arial 12 is a requirement though, unless you take English A where you use a cursive font as a way of making your WT more representative/accurate. 

Thank you, I don't understand because my IB coordinator told me to use always Times New Roman, but other teacher told me to use the other fonts that I said in the question. I also don't like Times New Roman to write creatives works...

Do you know something about the front sheet?

58 minutes ago, LeoWR said:

Thank you, I don't understand because my IB coordinator told me to use always Times New Roman, but other teacher told me to use the other fonts that I said in the question. I also don't like Times New Roman to write creatives works...

Do you know something about the front sheet?

Well, for EE it's candidate number, word count, title, research question. No name, no nothing. Not even your school. 

For IAs it really varies depending on which subject you're talking about, but it can be with or without a title page. Important is that you keep your name away from all the works you submit. My teachers like to go as far as saying that writing without making one's gender obvious is even better.  🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 1

At my school, teachers generally recommend the following for the IA: to have a cover page with the title of the work, the word count (if required), the examination session (e.g. May 2018, November 2018) and the subject.

Edited by astonky
to make it clearer