American Universities and Math Studies

Hankatank

I'm going to start off by saying that I'm terrible at math, in any shape or form. It has been this way since elementary school, and I've taken standard math courses ever since those became an option. I haven't actually started the IB program yet, I'm still in the MYP, but already, my math teachers are recommending I enter studies next year. I'd be all for doing the easier course, but I've heard that universities all over the world frown on Math Studies, especially in the U.S., where I plan to attend college. Is this true?

1 hour ago, Hankatank said:

I'm going to start off by saying that I'm terrible at math, in any shape or form. It has been this way since elementary school, and I've taken standard math courses ever since those became an option. I haven't actually started the IB program yet, I'm still in the MYP, but already, my math teachers are recommending I enter studies next year. I'd be all for doing the easier course, but I've heard that universities all over the world frown on Math Studies, especially in the U.S., where I plan to attend college. Is this true?

Depends on your major I should think. If you search through all past threads regarding Maths Studies and universities in this forums, you'll find a similar consensus.

I know a former senior who got into NYU with Maths Studies, albeit having excellent grades all around, yet also a friend who got into NYU with a subpar grade in Maths SL.