Daboss

I  am currently thinking about Math IA on the topic of graph theory, but I don't know what to choose from there. I would like to do Dijkstra's algorithm and would like to know whether it would be complex enough for HL. I am thinking about the question of geographical traversal and finding the shortest path from London to Moscow using roads and cruises to cross the sea. 

• 3 weeks later...

Djikstra's algorithm alone is not really enough for a math IA - it only covers about a page or so as a mostly standalone topic in the Discrete option. There are quite a few nice extensions from it though, so it could be a good starting point. Your mentioned topic on shortest paths could be a nice extension (travelling salesman and methods of solving it). 

• 5 years later...
On 11/13/2017 at 11:58 AM, Daboss said:

I  am currently thinking about Math IA on the topic of graph theory, but I don't know what to choose from there. I would like to do Dijkstra's algorithm and would like to know whether it would be complex enough for HL. I am thinking about the question of geographical traversal and finding the shortest path from London to Moscow using roads and cruises to cross the sea. 

Hey, what have you done?