Applying to Canada, OUAC 105D Transcripts?

alex27

Hey guys,

I am currently in my final year of the IB program, I have predicted 39/42 points and I plan on applying to three Canadian universities: University of Toronto, Ryerson University and McGill University. I want to major in International Relations or Political Science depending on what the universities offer.

I am applying to Ontario universities through OUAC, does anyone know how the transcripts are supposed to be sent and how that works overall? Also do I include predicted grades in the application?

Thank you for your help!

Edited by alex27

Firstly, the OUAC application is generally distinct from other materials/things universities ask for. If one university asks for your predicted IB scores (or SAT scores, etc.), then that is different than the application and if multiple universities ask for things like that then you will have to do them multiple times. For IB predicted scores, there is a sheet you can download from the U of T website (I imagine the other universities are similar, they all should have pages for directions on applying as an IB international student–assuming you're international–if you follow those directions, you will be fine) and have your teachers and coordinator sign it and it says on the sheet where to mail it to (I believe for U of T you are also able to scan it and upload it to the web). Do this for each university. Your coordinator/school may even be nice enough to mail it for you.

Talk to your school about how they handle transcripts. This should be on their end. I went to a large American high school so we just used a website called Parchment, where I could order any transcript to be sent to any university. You might be different though, and they may have to print a copy, seal it with the school stamp, and ship it off. Don't worry, it won't be the first time they've done it. And again, do this for all three schools.

Second, McGill is not in Ontario and does not use the OUAC. So you will definitely have to fill out a separate application for McGill (side note: I remember that McGill had other requirements for me as a U.S. international; they wanted me to send SAT subject tests)

I tried to figure out how much you would have to pay, but it's complicated. This site about payment is a bit unclear, but as long as you only create one OUAC account you should be fine. After referencing this page (watch the videos), it's clear that you should be able to pay $156 and apply to your choice of three programs (similar to majors, but not quite) at both U of T and Ryerson. Adding more programs will cost $50, and if either school asks for supplemental documents that will cost more. Only create one OUAC account.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nomenclature said:

Firstly, the OUAC application is generally distinct from other materials/things universities ask for. If one university asks for your predicted IB scores (or SAT scores, etc.), then that is different than the application and if multiple universities ask for things like that then you will have to do them multiple times. For IB predicted scores, there is a sheet you can download from the U of T website (I imagine the other universities are similar, they all should have pages for directions on applying as an IB international student–assuming you're international–if you follow those directions, you will be fine) and have your teachers and coordinator sign it and it says on the sheet where to mail it to (I believe for U of T you are also able to scan it and upload it to the web). Do this for each university. Your coordinator/school may even be nice enough to mail it for you.

Talk to your school about how they handle transcripts. This should be on their end. I went to a large American high school so we just used a website called Parchment, where I could order any transcript to be sent to any university. You might be different though, and they may have to print a copy, seal it with the school stamp, and ship it off. Don't worry, it won't be the first time they've done it. And again, do this for all three schools.

Second, McGill is not in Ontario and does not use the OUAC. So you will definitely have to fill out a separate application for McGill (side note: I remember that McGill had other requirements for me as a U.S. international; they wanted me to send SAT subject tests)

I tried to figure out how much you would have to pay, but it's complicated. This site about payment is a bit unclear, but as long as you only create one OUAC account you should be fine. After referencing this page (watch the videos), it's clear that you should be able to pay $156 and apply to your choice of three programs (similar to majors, but not quite) at both U of T and Ryerson. Adding more programs will cost $50, and if either school asks for supplemental documents that will cost more. Only create one OUAC account.

Thank you so much! This has helped a lot :) now everything is clear.