Improving final grades from predicted

Camelia12345

In my school we got our first set of predicted which are for people applying for early decision and we are getting the other predicted in December. Now my predicted are:

Chemistry HL: 4

Physics HL: 5

Geography HL: 5

Math SL: 5

English Literature SL: 5

French B SL: 5

I am planning on taking a gap year and applying next year so I am not necessarily worried about my predicted grades but I am worried if I can improve. I have not been working hard at all and I wasted so much time last year in grade 11. I've always been getting good grades before IB and used to be a top student. I am starting to put much more effort this year than before. My IB exams are in May and I am just wondering if I can improve my grades. I want to get a score higher than 36, is that possible? Did any one ever significantly improve their grades from predicteds?

Please help!

Thank you.

Hi!

I am almost in the same situation as you are (except for the fact that I am struggling much much more!), and have almost the same subject combinations that you do. I also wasted so much time last year as well. 

I don't know anyone personally who significantly improved their predicted grades (but I know people who went down in grades) but in my school there was this lady from Lanterna Education who held a presentation for us. She said that she had a predicted grade of 24 the first half year of DP2, but that her final grade (due to proper revision techniques and time spent earlier half year of DP2 perfecting IAs) ended up being 42. However she took much easier subject combinations than you do (only biology as a science, math studies etc. 

So...I am guessing it would be possible, provided that you revise properly and do a lot of past papers ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Camelia12345 said:

Dreamyslife it's really good to know I'm not the only one in the situation. I am also struggling a lot and my mental health is very bad right now. What subjects do you take?

Oh no that sounds so stressful for you, I hope you take care of yourself that sounds absolutely horrible :/ 

I take Physics HL, Chemistry HL, English B HL, Economics SL, Math SL, and native language LIT A SL ;)

On 11/1/2017 at 0:12 AM, dreamyslife said:

Oh no that sounds so stressful for you, I hope you take care of yourself that sounds absolutely horrible :/ 

I take Physics HL, Chemistry HL, English B HL, Economics SL, Math SL, and native language LIT A SL ;)

You have the subjects I'm struggling with most Physics and Chemistry. Do you have any tips?

8 hours ago, Camelia12345 said:

You have the subjects I'm struggling with most Physics and Chemistry. Do you have any tips?

I wish I had, but I am afraid not....Chemistry and Physics are the subjects that I also struggle the most with :/ I just end up doing the exercises without really understanding the theory at all :(