MATH HL IA - Chinese postman theorem

a12341

Hi! So I'm doing my internal assessment of finding an optimal route through some points of hte city using the Chinese Postman Theorem. My math teacher says its okay, in fact, he suggested the idea of doing this IA. But I have half of my work now and I think that the math that involves are very easy, so I'm scared that I don't get a good mark because of that. I'm doing the option of calculus, and this is part of the discrete mathemtics, so it's part of the HL syllabus, but do you have any suggestion of how can I do my IA a bit harder? Or do you think it will be enough? 

Thank you!

You do not need to have very complex math, instead touch upon multiple areas of math. Compared to other optimization problems, the CPT has non-obvious connections to calculus or vectors so you have to be very creative to incorporate other math topics. 

10 minutes ago, kw0573 said:

You do not need to have very complex math, instead touch upon multiple areas of math. Compared to other optimization problems, the CPT has non-obvious connections to calculus or vectors so you have to be very creative to incorporate other math topics. 

Yeah that's a problem... but do you think that using the chinese postman theorem to find an optimal route is enough for ia hl? or do you have any ideas to add something? 

Thank you very much!