Need help for HL German: Stuck with a too low level

Lottie

Hi there,

I am in IB Y2 currently and I have a major problem with my German class. 

During the first year I had a German teacher who never had done IB before, was about to retire, and didn't prepare many materials for the class. We ended up doing 3 out of the 5 core topics, but not writing down or learning really anything throughout the year, except a lot of talking about it. 

Fast forward to this year and a new German teacher, and she tells me I am supposed to be on a C1/C2 (advanced/native speaker) Level but telling me I am at a B1/B2 (intermediate/upper intermediate) level currently. Also, she commented I am grammatically at a A2 (lower intermediate) level. 

I basically need to redo the topics I did last year since I don't have any keywords or important reminders of the topics, learn the new topics this year, practice my grammar and vocabulary like crazy.

I want to get atleast a 5 and prefrably a 6-7 range for HL German.

So: Do you have some tips for me to succeed? What specifically do you think is the most important for the exams? Do you know any good study tips/tricks/habits? Any good apps to succeed with for German?

Thanks fellow IB'ers!