Activities that you can do in CAS

bowser13MLG

Greetings, There are plenty you can do for CAS! CAS is all about doing something you haven't already. You could join a club or make a club for something you are interested in as long as you can relate it back to CAS. For example if you are into recycling or protecting the planet make some sort of fundraiser/ club about your idea of protecting. You can do this also by marketing making flyers or a website about how to protect the environment! anything like that is CAS. Some others might be as simple as joining a new club like a theater program to earn CAS hours. Try to find something your passionte about and relate it to CAS for your IB coordinator  and IB to accept it. 

PM me if you have any more questions. 

20 hours ago, Wyatt Berckenhoff said:

Greetings, There are plenty you can do for CAS! CAS is all about doing something you haven't already. You could join a club or make a club for something you are interested in as long as you can relate it back to CAS. For example if you are into recycling or protecting the planet make some sort of fundraiser/ club about your idea of protecting. You can do this also by marketing making flyers or a website about how to protect the environment! anything like that is CAS. Some others might be as simple as joining a new club like a theater program to earn CAS hours. Try to find something your passionte about and relate it to CAS for your IB coordinator  and IB to accept it. 

PM me if you have any more questions. 

My school lists "Webpage design" as one of the CAS activities. My question is that if I take up a web design project from Reddit, who will be the supervisor and what contact details will I add?

Greetings, I don't see why you couldn't if you manage the site right. You will have to discuss it over with your IB cordnator to get there details on what the IB and school will allow for a website. Most likely your IB coordinator will have to look over and supervise your website! You will have to do it the CAS way what your School has hopefully told you by now. 

Any questions fell Free to PM me 

3 hours ago, Crazycops said:

My school lists "Webpage design" as one of the CAS activities. My question is that if I take up a web design project from Reddit, who will be the supervisor and what contact details will I add?

• 1 month later...

Hey!

It kind of depends on what your school accepts as a CAS project. My school, for example, will pretty much accept any sort of creativity as a CAS project. Things such as designing a table and making it, designing and making a Halloween costume, designing and making a cosplay to be used for a convention. It really doesn't have to be related to school but I do recommend something you can do for a long time and not get bored of, possibly something you're passionate about. If you like teaching then I suggest tutoring young ones as service. If you like cooking then that could be creativity and service where you cook and give to the poor. If you like to exercise, you could do an activity where you train for a marathon or a short run in your town. It's fairly easy when you focus on the things you like to do already and just wish to improve.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@R-Flower yeah you can make memes for a CAS project. There's a facebook page named 'IB memes for risk-taking teens' 

The student also uploaded their CAS proposal and teacher's comment when it was approved. Check it out if you plan to do it! It's quite funny and interesting. Just make sure that everything you post is yours and not plagiarised. Don't forget to ask your teacher if it counts as a CAS before you start the project or even start writing the proposal. Different teachers have different opinions.

Hope that helped!

Edited by Kat O'Donovan

20 hours ago, R-Flower said:

Can the making of memes be counted for CAS?

3 hours ago, Kat O'Donovan said:

@R-Flower yeah you can make memes for a CAS project. There's a facebook page named 'IB memes for risk-taking teens' 

The student also uploaded their CAS proposal and teacher's comment when it was approved. Check it out if you plan to do it! It's quite funny and interesting. Just make sure that everything you post is yours and not plagiarised.

Hope that helped!

@R-Flower Your coordinator may not be as–ahem–liberal in terms of what constitutes CAS. If that is the case, and he/she does not approve it, then you cannot do it. Just because some other kid across the world did it does not necessarily mean that you can too.

Edited by Nomenclature

• 6 months later...

If you're talking about in-school, then there's a lot you can offer for CAS. You could get into a group of you and your own friends, doing charity work in school or out of school as part of the community by doing stalls, dinners, assisting others and etc. For example, my friends and I have formed into a group called the Faith Foundation, our aim is help those in need all over the world by fundraising at school to gain money which is then donated on the behalf of the school; this itself is counted as CAS. The other day, we held a stall at school that consisted with all sorts of sweet food and managed to receive almost $1000 dollars. This money would then be transferred into our budget for the need of our future necessities to conduct another fundraiser and to donate to charity. Hope I helped, good luck!

Sadly, CAS can't have for-profit activities (bummer I know) - BUT you can create a "charity" that's "100%" CAS-approved but on the side you use that for profit without the IB people knowing. This may be in the form of connections you develop with other charities and such. Adds INSTANT credibility to your business to be endorsed/related to a legit charity so it's a good move to pull off (if you're a real G)

• 1 year later...